Flavored with Rosemary, this Tomato And Pumpkin Soup is a warm and comforting meal for the colder nights. (With a little surprise* inside)
Hello everyone, after a very long time. It’s been a crazy life on my side. But things are getting back to normal and I am back to making new recipes. Today, I am sharing an amazing Tomato And Pumpkin Soup recipe with you all. This delicious, as well as nutritious soup, is great for babies 8 months and above. And as usual, it goes well for the entire family.
This soup is the result of little pantry cleaning for the upcoming spring season. I had a can of organic tomato and pumpkin puree. I added some more ingredients and turned it into a comforting meal.
I have used rosemary and cumin to give this soup a delicious warm aroma. To make it a hearty soup and more tempting for little ones, I have added orzo pasta (surprise element*). You can use, any shape or color pasta that your littles like, for this soup.
This is an easy and delicious way to clear up with the remainder of the winter foods. This soup goes well as an accompaniment with a busy weeknight or relaxing weekend meals. Give it a try soon.
Let’s go through the recipe.
- 1 cup organic tomato puree
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
- ½ cup orzo pasta
- 2 cups water
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp butter/ olive oil
- ½ tsp rosemary (minced)
- dash of roasted cumin powder
- Salt and Pepper as needed
- In a heated pot, add butter/olive oil along with minced garlic and rosemary.
- Once the garlic turns pale brown, add orzo pasta. Sauté this for few mins. Sautéing pasta helps in getting out the pasta’s nutty flavor.
- Now add the tomato puree and pumpkin puree along with 2 cups of water. Give this a good stir.
- Add the cumin powder, salt, and black pepper. Bring this to a boil and then cover it and let it simmer till the pasta is cooked.
- Once the pasta is cooked well, ladle the soup into the serving bowl and serve.
Talk to your baby’s Pediatrician before starting any new food.
© EasyBabyMeals. All the content is copyright protected. Do not use without prior permission.