Happy Monday everyone!! How did 4th July weekend go?? I am sure it would have been fun. We had a very relaxing weekend. It was a good break from the routine hustle bustle. This weekend was made more special with a compliment given by a mom of 1-year-old. I was told that she didn’t have to think twice before making recipes from EasyBabyMeals. This blog was helping her a lot. That was such a beautiful and encouraging complement to all the work that goes in making this blog. Thank you very much. I felt honored.
Today I will share a recipe which has a vegetable, grain, and lentil. Sweet potatoes with rice and mung beans. Mung bean is a lentil which is widely used in Asian countries. It is a native of the Indian subcontinent. Mung bean is a part of yellow lentil family and is very nutritious. It contains iron, protein and fiber as well as various types of minerals and vitamin B, which are all essential for growing babies. Mung beans can easily be found in various supermarkets, organic stores, and Indian grocery stores. Most of the time cooking instructions are given on the package. They need to be stored in air tight container to avoid getting spoiled. I have used Turmeric as an added spice in this recipe. This spice has its own set of benefits. Serving mung beans with rice and vegetables makes it a complete meal.
- 1/4 cup sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon rice (white or brown)
- 1 tablespoon mung beans
- 1 1/2 cup water
- A pinch of whole cumin seeds
- A dash of turmeric powder.
- Wash, peel and cut sweet potatoes into cubes.
- In a pot add water. Add sweet potatoes, rice, mung beans, cumin seeds and turmeric powder. Bring it to a boil.
- Once boiled cover it and let it simmer (Add a little water at this stage if needed) till it is well cooked and has become soft.
- Mash this mixture after it’s cooked with a spoon or churn it in a food processor.
Talk to your baby’s Pediatrician before starting any new food.
© 2014 EasyBabyMeals. All the content is copyright protected. Do not use without prior permission. Strict Legal Action will be taken against Plagiarism.