These Fondant Filled Chocolates are a quick fix to a chocolate craving. A perfect edible gift idea to your friends and family.
Hello, everyone, It’s FoodieMamas day. This time, Chrissie from The Busy Baker selected the theme and it was, you guessed it right Chocolate. So, we worked around this delicious ingredient and have come up with fabulous recipes. They all are absolutely perfect for the Valentines day.
Since mid-January, I have been working with chocolate. I wanted to try something new this time. It so happened that I bought these chocolate bites, similar to the recipe I have shared today. I enjoyed them so much, that I had almost the whole packet. I really wanted to know, how they were made, so I searched the google up and down. Finally, I rounded up to using fondant to give me the similar texture and flavor that I had in those chocolates.
I hadn’t worked with fondant before, and I couldn’t believe how easy it was to make these little drops of heaven. I just started by adding little vanilla essence and oil to fondant and kneaded it till it became soft and easily workable. Once it was all soft smooth dough, I made little balls. Further, I dipped these ball in the melted chocolate and refrigerated for some time. And I was done. These can be a fun cooking project for kids too.
These can be a fun cooking project for kids too. I am keeping this recipe to make with my daughter in future.
These turned out to be so amazing that my family loved them. They are great as edible gifts to your friends and family. These can be a great hostess gift too for any special occasion. Try them soon, and I am sure you will make these more often.
Let’s go through the recipe.
- 1 cup white fondant
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence + Additional 1/3 tsp vanilla essence to add in melted chocolate
- 1/4 tsp oil + Additional 1/3 tsp oil to add in melted chocolate
- Start by adding fondant, 1/4 tsp vanilla essence and 1/4 tsp oil in a mixing bowl and knead it into a soft dough.
- Roll the fondant into small bite size balls. Cover them with a moist paper towel, (not wet) to keep them from drying.
- Cover a cookie sheet with a parchment paper.
- In a double boiler, add semi-sweet chocolate chips along with reaming vanilla essence and oil. Keep the temperature at the lowest point.
- Once the semi-sweet chocolate chips are halfway melted, add the dark chocolate chips.
- As this chocolate becomes liquid and runny, start dipping each fondant ball in the melted chocolate.
- Put them on the parchment paper. Once all the fondant balls are covered with chocolate, transfer them to the refrigerator and chill them for 30 mins or till the outer layer is hard to touch.
- Arrange them on a beautiful plate and server.
Here are the recipes from my fellow Foodie Mamas.
Chrissie from The Busy Baker made Double Chocolate Skinny Baked Donuts.
Sara from Life’s Little Sweets shared these Chocolate Swirl Meringue Cookies
Ali from Home And Plate made this tempting Dark Chocolate Panna Cotta with Fresh Blackberries.
Amanda from The Chunky Chef made these Brownie Bottom Cookie Dough Cheesecake.
Emily from Best of This Life shared the recipe for Rich and Creamy Hot Chocolate
Manju from Cooking Curries made this amazing Flourless Chocolate Almond Torte
Kaitie from Fuchsia Freezer made these cute Chocolate Brownie Waffles.
Sabrina from Dinner then Dessert shared with us the recipe for Starbucks White Chocolate Cranberry Bliss Bars.
This concludes our today’s “Chocolate” theme Round Up. You can find more recipes and previous Foodie Mama Round Up here. Wishing you all A Very Happy Valentines Day.
Talk to your baby’s Pediatrician before starting any new food.
© EasyBabyMeals. All the content is copyright protected. Do not use without prior permission.