Coconut and Rose Preserve Bites are sweet little balls filled with the exotic flavor of rose petals.
Happy Diwali everyone. It’s Diwali time and every year during these festivities I keep wishing that I was back home. This is one time of the year when I miss my family. It’s just like being home for Christmas. This five-day long festival signifies the victory of good over evil, and it is celebrated with lighting beautiful lamps and decking up every corner of the house. Diwali is celebrated with great enthusiasm. Its preparation starts a month before by cleaning the houses and workplaces, buying new clothes and gift articles. There are sweet and savory goodies which are made especially for Diwali.
Keeping this in mind, I am sharing a quick sweet recipe made from Coconut and Rose Preserve. I love working with rose preserve. Here I have roasted coconut along with semolina and added sugar. Then rolled them into small round bite size balls and stuffed them with rose preserve. Every bite of this little ball is amazing and exotic. These Coconuts and Rose Preserve Bites stays fresh for up to a week in an airtight container. Just keep them in the refrigerated. These can be a great homemade gift edible gift options.
Rose Preserve (Gulkand) is widely available online and can be bought from any Indian grocery store. According to Ayurveda, Rose preserve has its own health benefits. It is a powerful antioxidant as well as a great digestive tonic which helps improve appetite, improves digestion and corrects digestive problems. It has a calming effect on the nervous system and helps in reducing stress. I like to have the rose preserve just as is, especially during hot summer months. You can make the rose preserve at home too if you have access to lots of rose petals.
Try these delicate little bites and the enjoy sweet surprise hidden in every bite.
- 1 cup semolina (sooji)
- 1 cup powdered white sugar
- ½ cup fresh coconut grated
- ⅓ cup milk, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup rose preserve/ gulkand
- ¼ teaspoon saffron
- 2 - 3 cardamom (powdered)
- 8 -10 cashews (broken)
- 8 -10 golden raisins
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Start with mixing saffron in lukewarm milk. Keep it aside.
- In a non-stick pan add 1 tbs ghee, add semolina and roast till it has a fragrant cooked aroma. Once done, transfer it to a bowl.
- Next add coconut along with 1 tbs butter and roast till it is fragrant and cooked. Once done, transfer this to the same bowl with roasted semolina.
- Finally, add cashews and raisins with 1 tbs butter and roast it for few seconds till the raisins get plump. Transfer these to the bowl as well.
- Now add sugar, powdered cardamom, and milk and mix everything well.
- After everything is well combined, start rolling the bites Stuff each ball with approximately ¼ tsp of rose preserve/ gulkand and roll them.
- Keep them refrigerated in an airtight container. They will stay good for up to a week.
This recipe was originally published at The Urban Spice.
Talk to your baby’s Pediatrician before starting any new food.
© 2014-2016 EasyBabyMeals. All the content is copyright protected. Do not use without prior permission.