Need a quick delicious Finger Food to welcome the New Year? Here’s one. These Chocolate Covered Strawberries are absolute stunners. Perfect to welcome the New Year.
When it comes to Holiday entertaining, I like to keep things really quick and simple. With a toddler running around and limited time available, I prefer spending a minimum amount of time in the kitchen. Today’s recipe is just what you need when you are short on time. Here I have shared a recipe for Chocolate Covered Strawberries. I made these beauties for The Urban Spice- India’s Food and Lifestyle Magazine. These get ready in just a few minutes and look absolutely beautiful and gourmet.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries are perfect finger foods for the New Year’s Eve. Just make and arrange them on a beautiful platter You are all set to get a lot of compliments. These make great finger food for kids. You can also try these Chocolate Covered Apples Bites too for little ones.
In the following recipe, I have melted semi-sweet chocolate pieces on a double boiler, dipped the strawberries in and decorated it with some sprinkles. Then left them in a refrigerator to set and I was done. Beautiful looking food cannot get simple as this. You can use any kind of chocolate for this recipe as well as nuts and sprinkles.
Working with strawberries can get tricky at times for Chocolate Covered Strawberries. So before dipping them into chocolate, I used a toothpick to get a hold and grip on the strawberry while dipping it in the chocolate. This helped me make sure that all the sides of the strawberries had a smooth chocolate layer on them. Further, I used a Styrofoam base to hold the decorated strawberries upright while they sat in the refrigerator so that they get a perfect shape. Just like the ones we get in stores.
Make these tomorrow for the New Years Eve, whether it’s for the crowd, or loved ones or just the two of you. These are surely going to be a sweet way to ring in the New Year. Wishing you all a Very Happy New Year. Have a Wonderful 2016.
Wishing you all a Very Happy New Year. Have Wonderful 2016.
- 10 to 12 Big Strawberries
- 1 cups Semi- Sweet or Milk Chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Decorative sprinkles and nuts of your choice
- Wash strawberries well. Pat them dry.
- Place the decorative sprinkles and nuts in separate bowls.
- Line a plate with parchment paper.
- In a double boiler, add the chocolate chips and melt the chocolate till it is liquid and runny. Make sure to keep the heat on low during this process.
- Once the chocolate is melted, hold the strawberry with it’s leaves and dip them in the chocolate. Rotate the strawberry so that it is evenly coated. Lift it up and let the extra chocolate drip off.
- Then immediately dip the chocolate covered strawberry in the sprinkles and nuts of your choice.
- Place the decorate strawberry on the parchment paper. And follow the same procedure with the remaining strawberries.
- After all the strawberries are decorated, refrigerator them till the chocolate is set.
- Arrange them on a beautiful platter and serve.
Talk to your baby’s Pediatrician before starting any new food.
© 2014-2016 EasyBabyMeals. All the content is copyright protected. Do not use without prior permission.