At times, cooking for babies can get a bit tricky. There are days when I get stuck on just a few ingredients. I keep trying those and serve with different combinations. Sweet potatoes and celery are one of them. Unless it’s not bland, my daughter gobbles them without any fuss. She spits out anything that taste’s bland or has a strong aroma. So the use of herbs and spices has become a major part in my baby food.
Sweet potatoes and celery are both healthy options for babies. Both are packed with vitamin A, vitamin B2, vitamin c, copper, manganese, fiber etc. Together they have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Did you know, sweet potatoes are the oldest vegetable known to man dating back to 10,000 years. They are the natives of Central and South America. It was cultivated by Incan’s and Pre Incan’s for thousands of years. While celery comes from Mediterranean region. Ancient literature documents that it was first used for medicinal purposes. Hmmm, now you know..!!!
I have used Italian seasoning in this recipe. It has a mixture of oregano, thyme, and rosemary. You can find this bottle of Italian goodness at any grocery store, in herbs and spices section. Just a little dash made sweet potato and celery smell yummy.
- 7 to 8 medium sweet potato cubes
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 cup water
- Pinch of Italian seasoning
- Wash celery and sweet potato well. Peel and cut sweet potato into cubes. Cut celery into small pieces.
- Add water to a pot, along with celery, sweet potato, and Italian seasoning.
- Cook till celery and sweet potato becomes soft.
- Once done, run it through a food processor.
- Transfer it to a serving bowl and serve.
Talk to your baby’s Pediatrician before starting any new food.
© 2014 EasyBabyMeals. All the content is copyright protected. Do not use without prior permission. Strict Legal Action will be taken against Plagiarism.