A simple delicious meal for a baby 6 months and older.
Yesterday I went for groceries and found some wonderful organic Red Delicious Apples. I usually plan my baby’s meal a bit ahead, so was sure that I would serve her apples for breakfast the next day. Since I started giving her solids, she liked Apples. So giving her apples with baby cereal or just puree was not a problem.
Apples are packed with a wide range of health benefits. They are a wonderful source of vitamin C and fiber. Apple’s help in regulating blood sugar. They have various antioxidant, anti-cancer, cardiovascular and other beneficial properties. They are considered as the easiest food for little tummies since they are very light on digestion. While choosing apples, look for a firm fruit with rich color. A crisp drawer of your refrigerator is the best to store apples.
- 1/2 Red Delicious Apple
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Multigrain Cereal (Iron Fortified)
- 1/2 cup water
- Water or Formula or Breast Milk as needed
- Wash and peel the apple. Cut it into cubes.
- Add water to the pot along with apple cubes and cook till they get soft.
- Puree them in a food processor. You can add a little water at this stage if it’s too thick.
- Add the puree to the cereal and mix it with water or formula or breast milk to achieve the required consistency.
Talk to your baby’s Pediatrician before starting any new food.
© EasyBabyMeals. All the content is copyright protected. Do not use without prior permission.