These Caramelized nectarines with a scoop of Vanilla Ice cream is a delicious and easy dessert to try this summer season.
Good Morning everyone. It’s weekend and I would like to start this weekend for you all on a sweet note. Summer time full of delicious fruits in the market. One of those is Nectarines. For this month’s FoodieMama segment, Manju from Cooking Curries picked up Nectarine as a feature ingredient. We worked with this amazing fruit and have come up with lip-smacking scrumptious recipes.
From my side, I chose to work on a quick dessert. Caramelized Nectarine With Ice cream is a no-brainer quick and easy dessert filled with delicious aroma and flavors. Yup, my kitchen smelled delicious when I made these.
In the following recipes, I have used vanilla extract, cinnamon and cardamom powder to flavor the nectarines while the brown sugar helped them caramelized. When these go into the oven and starts cooking, the aroma is absolute heaven. You will be in for an early fall treat. The aroma of vanilla, cinnamon, and cardamom. YUM.
The important thing here is to use parchment paper or silicon mat while cooking the nectarines in the oven. The sugar gets melted and drips down the nectarines. This can later be cooled and used as a garnish while serving this dessert.
Nectarines are similar to peaches but they have a firm smooth skin. A medium-sized nectarine contains 62 calories and is a good source of a number of minerals, vitamins, and dietary fiber. It is a good source of beta-carotene, vitamin A, vitamin C, fiber, and potassium. With so many nutrients, this quick dessert is great for the entire family.
- 1 nectarine
- 2 green cardamom pods
- 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- Start with preheating the oven for 350 C.
- Wash and cut the nectarine into a half. Discard the stone.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or silicon mat.
- In a mortar and pastel, add brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon powder, and peeled cardamom pods.
- Crush this gently until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Place the cut nectarines on a lined baking sheet, inside out.
- Scoop the sugar mixture, fill the cavity of the stone with it. Also, spread the sugar mixture onto the sides of the stone cavity.
- Bake these at 350C for approximately 10 minutes or until the sugar is melted and is caramelized.
- Once done, takes these out of the oven and let them rest for few minutes.
- For serving, carefully place one cooked nectarine on a serving place. Follow that with a scoop of ice cream.
- Garnish it with the leftover juices and melted sugar which is left on the baking sheet.
Now let’s go through other delicious Nectarine Recipes.
Aren’t each one these tempting? Try these soon and make your summer season special. You can find more FoodieMama recipes here.
© EasyBabyMeals. All the content is copyright protected. Do not use without prior permission.