With the aromatic flavors of basil and sesame, these noodles can soon become the family’s favorite quick meal.
Hello, everyone. This week I am sharing two recipes, and both are from one of my favorite cuisines. It is a fusion of Indian and Chinese cuisine, fondly termed as Indo-Chinese food. It is the adaptation Chinese food and cooking techniques but with little variations and addition of Indian aromatic and spices. It is believed that the Chinese community settled in India developed this technique of cooking, which has now become an integral part of Indian cooking. Today I am sharing a quick stir fry noodle recipe and later in this week it will be Mushroom fried rice. Both these recipes are a quickest version to a busy weeknight meal.
Noodles are all time favorite at my house. Me, my husband and now my daughter too enjoys them. Since she has a taste for experimenting with new flavors and textures, she loved trying the Indo- Chinese cuisine too. I try to mix and match various aromatics and flavors to make it more appealing for my daughter. In the following recipe, I have used basil as an aromatic and sesame seeds to flavor these stir fry noodles.
I have used Kashmiri chili, to add just an aroma of chilies, minus the heat. They give the chili garlic sauce a beautiful red color and flavor but has no heat. So these noodles are totally kids friendly. They can be a great lunch box option. With the addition of various vegetables, it is a wholesome meal. You can also add meat to these noodles while cooking.
Make these Stir-fry Noodles soon for your next family meal, and I am sure you will be making this more often.
- 1 packet Hakka/ Egg Noodles
- 2-3 Thai Basil Leaves
- ¼ cup Cabbage (chopped julienne)
- ¼ cup Carrots (chopped julienne)
- ¼ cup Bell Peppers (colorful, chopped julienne)
- ½ cup Spring onions (chopped, white and green part separated)
- ¼ cup Mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 1 tbs Sesame Oil
- ½ tsp White sesame Seeds
- ½ tsp Ginger (thinly sliced)
- Salt and Black Pepper for seasoning
- For Chilli Garlic Paste:
- 1 whole Kashmiri Chilli
- 3 to 4 Garlic Cloves
- 3-4 Thai Basil Leaves
- 2 tsp Siracha sauce or Chili sauce (optional, if making for children)
- 2 tsp Soya sauce
- 2 tsp White Vinegar
- A dash of Sugar
- A dash of crushed Black Pepper
- n a mixing bowl, add all the chili garlic paste ingredients. Mix everything well. Keep it aside.
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and spread them on a plate, keep these aside.
- In a food processor or mortar and pastel, add all the chili garlic paste and processes them into a paste.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add sesame seeds, 2 Thai basil leaves and ginger. Saute for a minute. Follow that with chili garlic paste
- Then add the white part of spring onions, carrots, bell peppers, cabbage, mushrooms. Season this with salt and black pepper. Cook them for another minute.
- Now add noodles, green onions, and Thai basil leave. Mix everything well.
- Serve these noodle with your favorite Indo-Chinese recipe.
This recipe was originally published at The Urban Spice.
Talk to your baby’s Pediatrician before starting any new food.
©EasyBabyMeals. All the content is copyright protected. Do not use without prior permission.