These Spooky Spider Eggs are easy and fun to make as well as a relish. A great cook-with-kids appetizer for your Halloween entertaining.
Hello, everyone. It’s that time of the year again when everything is orange, black and red. I am so amazed by the recipe collection of Halloween treats and food ideas on the internet these days. Each one is creative and great to gobble. Today’s recipe is one fun, yet nutritious treat to make with your kids for Halloween entertaining. With kids gearing up for the Halloween night, I am sure they will enjoy making these quick appetizers.
In the following recipe, I have made devil eggs with a healthy twist. Instead of filling the egg cavity with egg yolks and mayonnaise, I have filled it up with Mixed Beans Hummus. And decorated them with black olive spiders. The mixed beans hummus can be made ahead of time and can be used when needed. Just store it in an airtight container in your refrigerator.
I always try to make and feed something that’s healthier and nutritious for everyone. So I preferred to use hummus instead of egg yolk mixture. Also, the flavors of garlic, cilantro and roasted cumin in the hummus compliment the egg very well. For the grown up version of this recipe, just add some heat with paprika and drizzle some sriracha over these eggs.
This is one of the easiest appetizers to make and you can decorate it as ghoulish as you want. Let the imagination run wild.
With enough said, Let’s go through the recipe.
- 3 boiled eggs
- 10-15 black olives (cut in half and thinly sliced for legs)
- 1 cup mixed bean hummus
- Paprika or Sriracha to garnish (optional)
- For Mixed Beans Hummus:
- ½ cup mixed beans (presoaked and cooked)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp cilantro leaves
- A dash of roasted cumin powder
- A dash of black pepper
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp olive oil
- Start by cutting boiled eggs into a half. Slip out the egg yolk and keep them aside. (You can use them for any of your favorite recipes)
- Fill each egg cavity with the mixed beans hummus.
- Decorate these with cut olives, as shown in the photos above.
- Garnish them with paprika or sriracha for added flavor.
- For Making Mixed Beans the bean and lentils overnight. Cook these till they are tender and mushy.
- In a food processor, add all the above ingredients and run till everything is well incorporated. You can add a little water as needed to adjust your required consistency.
- Once done, transfer this to a serving bowl and serve.
Talk to your baby’s Pediatrician before starting any new food.
© EasyBabyMeals. All the content is copyright protected. Do not use without prior permission.