These delicious Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Mint Creme are perfect for busy weekdays. This recipe was chosen as Best Recipes of 2015 by The Urban Spice- India’s Food And Lifestyle Magazine.
Since a long time, I hadn’t posted a recipe for big kids and parents so thought of sharing one today. I love tacos and fish. These Spicy Shrimp Tacos are the perfect combination of these two of my favorite ingredients. I made these tacos for The Urban Spice– India’s upcoming Food and Lifestyle magazine. Every month they give me a theme and I work around that theme. This month it was packed lunch and quick dinner. These tacos fit very well into the given theme.
Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Mint Creme add a fiery twist to any lunch or dinner. I have used green chiles to make it fiery hot. You can adjust the level of spiciness in these tacos. I start with marinating shrimps in ginger garlic paste and cajun spices. Then cook them till the are perfect with little char marks. Follow that with making fajitas and finally make the mint creme.
Once all the preparation is done, I slightly heat the tortillas and stake them with fajitas, followed by spicy juicy shrimp, cabbage and finally the mint creme. Mint creme make these tacos divine. I assemble them and serve immediately with some salsa and chips. How about sipping a margarita with it?
You can use any another fish, besides shrimp and make these tacos with the same marination used for shrimp. To give it a summer flavor, you can add Mango Salsa or Corn Salsa too, to this recipe. Now isn’t this yum. Make these quick tacos for your next lunch or dinner and have a wonderful Mexican meal.
- 4 Corn Tortillas
- 1 cup chopped Cabbage
- For Shrimp:
- 1½ cup Shrimp (cleaned, deveined)
- 1 Green Chili ( cut into half)
- 1 tablespoon Cajun Seasoning or 1tsp Red chili powder.
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Black pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- Salt to taste
- For Fajitas:
- 1 large size onion (cut into juliennes)
- 2 bell pepper (cut into juliennes)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon oil
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- For Mint Creme:
- ½ cup Sour cream or Thick Yogurt
- 2 tablespoon Mint leaves (finely chopped)
- ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt to taste
- To prepare the spicy shrimp, in a bowl add shrimp, ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice, cajun seasoning/red chili powder, salt, and black pepper. Mix well and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a stir-fry pan over medium heat.Add green chili and stir fry few seconds. Then add the shrimp and cook till they are well done. Once done turn off the heat. Transfer to a bowl and keep them aside.
- To prepare the fajitas, mix all the fajitas ingredient together.
- Heat oil in the same non-stick pan and add vegetables. Cook till onions and peppers get the deep brown charred marks, but still, retain the crunch. Once done turn off the heat and keep aside till required.
- To prepare the Mint Cream, in a bowl add all the mint cream ingredients and whisk well to evenly combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly.
- To assemble the Tacos, heat tortilla wraps lightly on a pan. On a roasted tortilla, add a spoonful of fajitas followed by a generous helping of shrimp, chopped cabbage and then lastly drizzle the mint cream.
- Add lemon juice if needed, garnish it with cilantro and mint leaves.
- Serve Spicy Shrimp Taco immediately.
This recipe was originally published at The Urban Spice.
© EasyBabyMeals. All the content is copyright protected. Do not use without prior permission.