This refreshing and quick salad is bursting with summer flavors. It is a Must Try for this season.
Hello, everyone. It’s been almost a month since I have written a post. I took a break from blogging, but for a good reason. We just moved into our New House. The month of June was full of packing and moving. It was crazy. Living around boxes was no fun. Finally, now things are settling down. We are getting used to our new home and I am loving every bit of it.
Since there was not much cooking going around last month, I was up for quick lunch and dinners. Salads were my best friends. A quick bowl of salad for a meal was enough to go on with packing the boxes. In today’s recipe, I have shared a salad which I relished the most. And the best part was my daughter munched on it too since it had fruits. Here, I have used some greens and fruits as a base and then flavored it with my Poppy Seed Dressing. This dressing is full of tang and sweetness of the fruits added to this salad makes it deliciously refreshing on a hot summer day. To add a little crunch, I have used walnuts instead of croutons. You can add croutons too.
This salad is great for any picnic lunch or carry-out. Just pack the dressing and vegetable in a cold box and mix them while eating. It is a healthy side dish to with any meal. Try this for your next outdoors trip or just have it as a healthy lunch. I am sure you won’t be disappointed.
- 1 Cup lettuce (roughly chopped)
- 1 Cup Carrots (shredded or cut into bite-size pieces)
- 1 Cup Cabbage shredded
- 1 Cup Strawberries chopped
- 1 Cup Orange slices
- 1 Cup Apple chopped into bite size pieces
- ½ Cup Walnuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- For Poppy Seed Dressing:
- ¼ Cup white onion chopped
- ½ Cup Water
- 2 tablespoon white Poppy Seeds
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 3 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard or mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- Start by preparing the dressing.
- In a food processor, add all the poppy seed dressing ingredients, except the olive oil.
- Pulse it until the dressing turns into a smooth liquid.
- Transfer dressing into a bowl and start adding olive oil, whisking it simultaneously.
- Whisk the oil until it is well incorporated into the dressing.
- Keep covered in the refrigerator until you prepare the vegetables and fruits for the salad.
- For the salad, in a mixing bowl add all the salad ingredients.
- Just before serving drizzle the Poppy Seed dressing all over the salad.
- Season it with freshly ground black pepper. Toss the salad gently in the dressing.
- Garnish the salad with bread croutons and serve immediately.
© EasyBabyMeals. All the content is copyright protected. Do not use without prior permission.