This quick and delicious Mushroom Fried Rice is a perfect meal for busy weeknights.
Good Morning everyone. It’s Foodie Mama’s Day. This month, Amanda from The Chunky Chef chose an ingredient. She picked up Mushrooms. So today Foodie Mamas are here with 9 delicious recipes in which Mushrooms are the main ingredient.
I planned to share the recipe for Mushroom Fried Rice, which I usually make for my family. It is a kind of Indo- Chinese fusion cuisine which my family enjoys. In the previous post, I had shared the recipe Stir-Fry Noodles. This fried rice can go really well with those noodles.
In the following recipe, I have used mushrooms as the main ingredient, along with peppers, onions, and carrots. I have flavored this with some ginger- garlic and my own version of fried rice sauce. The main ingredient that gives this rice an authentic Chinese flavor is the use of Stir Fry oil, which I luckily discovered during one my trips to the grocery store. This oil is infused with garlic – ginger and sesame seeds. When it heats up, it gives out a delicious aroma.
Mushrooms are one of the healthiest vegetables. It has nutrients close to the ones found in meats, beans, and grains. They are a good source of copper, selenium, vitamin B2, vitamin B3, potassium, protein, folate and more. They support the immune system, as well have various anti inflammatory, anti cancer, antioxidants, and cardiovascular benefits.
With so many benefits of this beautiful vegetable, using these on the regular basis for your family’s meal is a great idea. When I initially introduced my daughter to mushrooms, she absolutely hated them. It was something about the texture of the cooked mushroom, which she didn’t like. But as days and months passed, she got used to it, and now she has them without any fuss.
Try this Mushroom Fried Rice soon for your family. It is quick and a great meat-free option.
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice
- 1/2 cup mushrooms (chopped)
- 1/2 cup green onions (chopped)
- 1/2 cup colorful peppers (cut julienne)
- 1/4 cup onions (cut julienne)
- 1/4 cup carrots (cut julienne)
- 3 – 4 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1/2 inch ginger piece (thinly sliced)
- 2 tsp stir fry oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- For Fried Rice Sauce:
- 1 tbs soya sauce
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce (optional if making for kids)
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 /2 tsp white vinegar.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add chopped ginger and garlic. Fry it for a minute.
- Now add all the vegetables (mushrooms, onions, peppers and carrots) except the green onions.
- Saute these for few minutes.
- Follow that with the Stir-Fry sauce. Mix everything well.
- Finally, add the cooked rice, and mix. Add salt and crushed black pepper. Cook it for another 5 to 7 mins.
- Lastly, switch off the flame and add the green onions. Let it stand for few minutes and then serve.
Now let’s go through the recipes made by my fellow Foodie Mamas:
This concludes our amazing Mushroom themed Foodie Mama’s Round-up. You can find more Foodie Mama Round-Ups here.
Talk to your baby’s Pediatrician before starting any new food.
© EasyBabyMeals. All the content is copyright protected. Do not use without prior permission.