These cute little flowers shaped Pineapple Cups are a perfect dessert option for any special occasion.
Looking for last minute ideas for Sunday’s special brunch? Then you are in luck.
Hello, everyone. Today, I am here with something special for you. Since we are celebrating Mother’s Day soon, I have come up with a recipe to honor moms in our life. I wish I could make this one for my mom, but sadly we live continents apart. So, I would just send her a picture of it and she might go through this one on the website. Mom, if you do read this, then this is for you. These little cups are good for toddlers too.
This is a really simple recipe, that I think even dads and older kids can make. It is a great way give a mom a surprise. I have just cut the puff pastry into a flower shape with a cookie cutter and set them in a muffin tray. Further, added some pineapple preserve and baked them till they get brown. That’s it. Isn’t that simple. These are melt- in- mouth, flaky little cups. I have added a little secret ingredient, which takes these cups to a next level. If you don’t have the flower cookie cutter, that’s perfectly fine. Just cut them into squares and arrange them in a muffin tray. They will get the shape of a cup once cooked. Pineapple cups taste the best when they are served fresh and warm.
Make these beautiful little cups for your mom and turn her special day into extra special. Have a wonderful Mother’s Day.
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 9 pineapple cubes (frozen or fresh, ½-inch size)
- 2 tbs sugar
- ¼ cup pineapple preserve or jam.
- 3 dashes of cardamom powder
- some all purpose flour to dust the pastry sheet
- powder sugar to decorate the pineapple cups
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Sprays the muffin tray with non-stick baking spray.
- Mix regular sugar and 2 dashes of cardamom powder. Keep it aside. Add remaining cardamom powder to the pineapple preserve.
- Spread the pastry sheet, add cardamom sugar all over the sheet and give it a roll.
- Cut puff pastry sheet into squares. Press the flower cookie cutter.
- Layer those flowers into muffin cavity.
- Add ½ tsp pineapple jam to each flower.
- Top it with pineapple cubes.
- Bake it for 15 mins or till the flowers corners are toasted lightly brown.
- Once done, let it cool down a bit.
- Then dust them with powder sugar.
While spreading the cardamom sugar (secret ingredient), make sure its spread evenly and then roll.
Add sugar to pineapple preserve in case you find it too sour.
Don't forget to spray the muffin tray with nonstick spray.
These cups taste equally good with any other preserve or jam of your choice.
These cups are delicate, handle them with love and care. They taste the best when served fresh and warm.
Talk to your baby’s/toddler’s Pediatrician before starting any new food.
© EasyBabyMeals. All the content is copyright protected. Do not use without prior permission.