These melt-in-mouth Oreo Chocolate Truffles are great for any special occasion. They can be a great edible gift option.
Hello, everyone. Today’s post is for dads and kids. So dear dads and kids, Mother’s Day is fast approaching, have you made any plans for this special day? If you are about to start thinking along those lines, then this recipe will be a great fit to include in your plan.
These Oreo Chocolate Truffles are absolutely divine. Melt-in-mouth, these chocolate gooey bites can please any mom in an instant. Just make them the day before and store them in the refrigerator. Making these truffles can be a fun father-kids project too.
In the following recipe, I have just crushed the Oreo cookies in a food processor. Then added some condensed milk, chocolate syrup, and vanilla extract. Rolled them into small bite size balls and dipped them into melted chocolate. Then refrigerated these for few hours and they were all set to be relished. How simple is that? The only important part here is to melt the chocolate for chocolate coating on a very low flame.
These Oreo Chocolate truffles are great as edible gifts too. I had made this recipe for The Urban Spice for their Valentine’s theme. But these are great for any special occasion. Try these truffles soon, and include these in your Mother’s Day Plan. I am sure, she will be delighted. You can try these Pineapple Cups as Mother’s Day treat as well.
- 12 Oreo Cookies
- ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- ½ teaspoon unsalted butter (room temperature)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- For Chocolate Coating:
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (melting chocolate)
- ⅓ teaspoon vanilla essence
- ⅓ teaspoon oil
- Start with adding the whole Oreo cookies (along with the creme filling) in a food processor.
- Pulse oreo cookies until they turned into cookie crumbs.Transfer this to a mixing bowl.
- Add sweetened condensed milk, chocolate syrup, vanilla essence and butter. Mix everything well
- Roll these into bite size balls.
- Place them on a parchment paper or silicon sheet and freeze them for 30 minutes. (It is important to freeze these truffles, so that when they are added to the hot melted chocolate, they don’t loose their shape)
- Meanwhile, in a double boiler, add the chocolate pieces along with vanilla essence and oil.
- Keep the heat at the lowest temperature and melt the chocolate.
- Once the chocolate has reached a runny consistency, turn off the heat.
- Dip one truffle at a time and coat it with chocolate from all the sides.
- Lift it up with a fork and place it again on the parchment paper or silicon sheet.
- Work on each truffle in the same manner.
- Once all the truffles are coated well, decorate them with sprinkles, colored sugar or melted chocolate.
- Refrigerate them, till the chocolate is set and is hard to touch, about 15 to 30 minutes.
- Serve Oreo Chocolate Truffles immediately or store in the fridge.
This recipe was originally published at The Urban Spice.
Talk to your baby’s Pediatrician before starting any new food.
© EasyBabyMeals. All the content is copyright protected. Do not use without prior permission.