Try this deliciously refreshing Orange Creamsicle Smoothie to beat this summer heat.
Hello, everyone. It’s getting really hot here in Arizona. With a heat wave in the forecast, foods to cool down are the top priority. My daughter loves various fruit juices, especially the fresh orange juice. I tend to mix it with other fruits and add various other ingredients and to make it more tempting for her.
In the following recipe, I have used freshly squeezed orange juice and heavy whipping cream and turned it into an Orange Creamsicle Smoothie. Now, who doesn’t like an Orange Creamsicle? I love them and my family does too. This smoothie perfectly matches our need for a good refreshing drink to beat the summer heat. I have fond memories of my childhood days, where these orange creamsicles were the highlight of the summer break. After a good play in the water, these were the go-to snacks for me and my cousins. Those were such carefree days, I really miss those at times.
Coming back to the recipe, alternatively, you can also pour this into a popsicle mold and enjoy it as a frozen treat. I make them both ways. You can also add a scoop of vanilla ice cream while serving this smoothie. So add this drink to your to-do list of summer drinks for your family and enjoy it on a hot summer day.
- 2 cups orange juice (chilled)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (chilled)
- 1 tbs milk (chilled)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp sugar
- In a blender add heavy whipping cream, milk, sugar, and vanilla extract. Blend everything well until the cream gets stiff. You can also use a hand blender or a whisk.
- Now take two tall glasses, fill it with some whipped cream. Then pour in some orange juice. Top it up with some more whipped cream. Assemble the second glass in the same manner.
- Serve immediately.
Talk to your baby’s Pediatrician before starting any new food.
© EasyBabyMeals. All the content is copyright protected. Do not use without prior permission.