Make your summer days special with this No-Churn Blackberry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. This eggless, ice cream is great for kids and grown-ups having egg allergies.
Hi there everyone. I have to begin by saying that it is really hot these days. Summer has yet to come to Arizona, but it feels like summer already. With this weather, all I can think of are cold treats. My little missy is feasting on watermelons, popsicles and ice creams. And it feels good when I make them and give it to her. I know exactly what she is eating. Today I am sharing one such delicious summer treat. This No-Churn Blackberry Chocolate Chip Ice-cream is a creamy heaven of flavors.
I got the inspiration for this recipe from one of my trips to grocery store. I am not much of a fan of ice creams. Mainly due to the fact that most of them have eggs in it. I have a little aversion to eggs. So whenever it’s time to choose an ice cream, I look at the ingredients. If “eggs” are not in the ingredients, then that is a winner with me.
Recently I bought Blackberry Chocolate Chip Ice-cream and with no eggs in it. With the very first bite, I was in love. My little missy loved it too. Also, it was something out of ordinary. I never had blackberry ice cream before. This made me think, why not try this at home. And I tried, the result is the following recipe.
In the following recipes, I have whisked heavy cream and condensed milk and added vanilla extract. Then topped it with blackberry puree. I have not cooked the blackberries here, nor I have added sugar to blackberry puree since they were all ripe and sweet. But you can add sugar if you want. Little chocolate chunks just add a texture and flavor. The secret here is that I have added coconut oil to the ice cream batter, just before transferring it to the loaf pan. This is totally optional though. I just like the little nutty flavor that it gives to the ice cream. You can skip this if you hate coconut, or think it’s not a great match.
This delicious creamy heaven is great for babies 10 months and above. Since it has blackberries, make sure your baby is not allergic to berries. As always, this is a family friendly recipe, so kids and grown-ups can enjoy this treat. Give it a try too soon, and let me know how do you like it.
Let’s go through the recipe and video.
- 1-pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (14oz) sweetened condense milk
- 2 cups blackberries (1½ for puree, ½ for garnish and layering)
- ½ cups chocolate chips
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp coconut oil (optional)
- Start by washing and pureeing 1½ cup blackberries. (You can strain the puree if you wish. I didn't do it in this recipe). Keep it aside
- Smash ½ cup blackberries with a fork. Keep it aside.
- In a medium bowl, add sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract. Mix and fold these together gently.
- In a large mixing bowl, add heavy whipping cream and whisk till it forms soft peaks.
- Now gently fold the condensed milk mixture into the whipped cream. At this point add coconut oil (optional)
- This is your ice cream batter.
- It's time to layer.
- In a loaf pan or any ice cream pan, spread the first layer of ice cream batter. Then add blackberry puree, follow that with smashed blackberries. With a fork, make swirls. Top these with chocolate chips. Continue doing this till everything is in the ice cream pan. You will get approximately 3 layers.
- Cover it with a plastic wrap, and freeze it until set.
- Your ice cream is ready to enjoy.
Talk to your baby’s Pediatrician before starting any new food.
© EasyBabyMeals. All the content is copyright protected. Do not use without prior permission.