These Melt-in-Mouth Eggless Snowball Cookies are perfect edible gifts for your loved ones during these Holiday times.
When it comes to baking, I must confess, I am not much of a baker. I am absolutely lazy about putting in all the hard work that goes into baking and creating delicious treats. So I keep looking for short cuts in baking. Today’s recipe is one short cut route to making snowball cookies.
Last year during this time, I was looking in for a quick cookie recipe. I had just an hour in hand since it was my little one’s nap time. So within that time, I had to get the cookies done, from prep to finished product. I searched, but I couldn’t find anything. Also, I wanted it to be eggless, just because I hated to smell of eggs in most of the cookie recipes. Finally, I came across this delicious Snowball Cookie recipe at the Imperial Sugar website.
I liked the recipe, but I changed it a bit and made my own version of it. The best thing about these Snowball cookies is that they are eggless and are absolutely melt in mouth pure goodness. They get prepared within an hour literally from start to finish.
I have added walnuts to this cookie which make them delectable. The main ingredient in these cookies that make them extremely tempting is the use of Ice cream essence. I absolutely love using ice cream essence in baking. It gives a sweetish liquorish aroma to any food that it is added to. You can get hold of this sweet potion at any Indian Grocery store.
These make great edible gifts. Just pack them in a beautiful box with a lovely handwritten note. You will be all set to be complimented and remembered in a sweet way for a very long time.
- 2¼ cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1¼ cup of Confectionary Sugar + 1 cup to coat the cookies
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Walnuts (finely chopped)
- ¾ tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tsp Ice cream essence
- A pinch of Salt
- Set the oven on 350C and line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl add the room temperature butter and 1¼ cup of confectionary sugar. Beat till sugar and butter gets fluffy (approximately 5 mins)
- Next add the vanilla and ice cream essence and mix it with a spatula
- Finally, add the walnuts and all purpose flour and mix it gently with a spatula.
- Start rolling small bite size ball and place them on a cookie sheet. Leave enough space for each cookie to spread while cooking.
- Bake them for exactly 15 mins. Do not over cook them. Once done, take then out of the oven and let them rest for few minutes. Or until they are safe to handle.
- Gently toss the cookies in the remaining 1 cup sugar.
- Transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely and then serve.
This recipe was originally published at The Urban Spice.
© 2014-2015 EasyBabyMeals. All the content is copyright protected. Do not use without prior permission.