Good morning everyone. Foodie Mamas are back today with a new ingredient and equally wonderful recipes. For people who are here for the first time, here’s a little information about Foodie Mamas. EasyBabyMeals has teamed up with four other wonderful Food Bloggers and we choose an ingredient and come up with different recipes. This month we chose to work with Apple. And I decided to make these quick and delicious Chocolate Covered Apple Bites.
This recipe is extremely simple and an obvious crowd pleaser, especially now during the upcoming holiday season. Here I have just cut an apple into bite size pieces, dipped them into melted chocolate and decorated it. That’s it. They look pretty and are delicious. These bites can be made few hours ahead. You can use any kind of sprinkles, nuts, colored sugar etc while decorating them. My 2-year-old just loves these.
There are around seventy-five hundred varieties of apples grown around the world and twenty-five hundred are found here alone in the United States. The eight most popular and familiar varieties of apples which we encounter in our day to day lives are as follows: Golden Delicious, Granny Smith, Jonathan, McIntosh, Red Delicious, Rome Beauty, Stayman and York.
Apples are packed with a wide range of health benefits. They are a wonderful source of vitamin C and fiber. Apple’s help in regulating blood sugar. They have various antioxidant, anti-cancer, cardiovascular and other beneficial properties. They are considered as the easiest food for little tummies since they are very light on digestion.
While choosing apples, look for a firm fruit with rich color. A crisp drawer of your refrigerator is the best place to store apples.
- 2 apples
- 2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or pieces
- 1/2 cup sprinkles or desired toppings
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- Wash apples well and cut them into bite size pieces.
- In a bowl add water and lemon juice and apple pieces to it. Keep it aside.
- Add chocolate pieces to a double broiler and melt the chocolate over low temperature.
- Put your desired topping in separate bowls and keep it aside.
- Once the chocolate is melted, strain the apple and wash the apple pieces. Pat them dry.
- Dip each piece in a the melted chocolate, decorate it with the desired topping and place them on a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate these pieces until the chocolate sets.
Now let’s go through the recipes by my fellow Foodie Mamas:
Talk to your baby’s Pediatrician before starting any new food.
© 2014-2015 EasyBabyMeals. All the content is copyright protected. Do not use without prior permission.