Back to school Lunch Box idea or a quick grab a meal. Ready in just a few minutes, this Chicken Veggie Wrap is a healthy alternative to any store bought wraps.
Hello, everyone. I am here today with my first post of 2017. After a long break, kids will be starting their school soon. So I thought of sharing this lunch box idea with you all today. These chicken wraps are easy to make and can stay well without getting wet and soggy.
Morning during school week can get really hectic. Especially packing lunch for kids and for us can be a task. So we end up making some boring sandwiches. But not anymore, these Chicken Veggie Wraps are here to give you and your kids a tasty and healthy lunch.
For these wraps, I have roasted Spinach tortillas and layered it with garlic hummus and ranch. Further, I topped this with cooked lunch meat, in this case- roasted chicken slices. Then added a layer of carrot slices, cucumber slices, and lettuce. This wrap is flavored with salt, black pepper, and cajun seasoning. Finally rolled these into a parchment paper for easy of eating, packed them into a lunch box and they were good to go.
I like to add some apple slices and cheese on the side for kids lunch box. Now isn’t this a quick lunch to make? I make this for my daughter and for myself many times, and we both relish it. Save this recipe for trying it for your next lunch in the box. I am sure you will make it more often.
Let’s go through the recipe.
- 1 big spinach tortilla.
- 4 to 5 chicken slices (cooked lunch meat)
- 4 to 5 carrot slices
- 3 to 4 cucumber slices
- 3 lettuce leaves
- 1tbs garlic hummus
- 2 tsp ranch
- dash of cajun seasoning or salts
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Start with roasting the spinach tortilla on a pan for few minutes. Keep it aside.
- Then in the same pan heat the lunch meat for few minutes. ( I usually do this, I like to heat the meat, before consuming even if it is cooked). Keep it aside.
- For assembly, spread a layer of garlic hummus evenly on the spinach tortilla. Follow that with ranch.
- Now layer this with lettuce leaves, chicken slices, carrots, and cucumber. Season it with cajun seasoning, black pepper, and salt.
- Roll this carefully and cut in the center. You can cover these wraps in silver foil or parchment paper for ease of eating. Refrigerate until ready to pack up in a lunch box or eat on the run.
This recipe was originally published at The Effortless Chic.