These delicious Chicken Quesadillas are a quick meal for kids and grown-ups.
Hello, everyone. I like quick meals. I love anything and everything that get’s ready in just a few minutes, especially when it comes to meal preparation. So I try to keep things as simple as possible in my kitchen and cooking. My family likes Mexican cuisine and my daughter has developed a flare for it. She loves the complex flavors which are associated with Mexican spices. So today I am sharing a recipe for Chicken Quesadilla which I usually prepare for her and my family. These quick and easy quesadillas are filled with the Mexican flavors which will tingle the taste buds from young to old.
In this recipe, I have taken as many shortcuts as possible. Well, coming up with a recipe that is quick and delicious can use such shortcuts, especially when you have a little one running around. In the following recipe, I have cooked chicken with organic tomato salsa. Made some fajitas and filled the quesadilla with chicken, fajitas, and lots of cheese. I paired this with fresh Mango and strawberry salsa. This fruity savory dip is lip smacking for kids as well as for grown-ups. Since I made this recipe keeping kids in mind, I have used small size tortillas to make it kids friendly. But for grown-ups, you have used bigger ones too.
For the grown up version, you can add some green chiles while cooking the chicken as well as some paprika while marinating the chicken. This gives a nice chili aroma and adds some heat. Serve this quesadilla with some homemade guacamole and sour cream. And don’t forget the margaritas.
Let’s go through the recipe.
- 8 White Tortillas ( small size)
- 2 Chicken Breast
- 4 Garlic Cloves (shredded)
- 1/2 inch Ginger (shredded)
- 1 cup Mexican Cheese
- 2 tbs Organic Tomato Salsa
- 1 tbs Oil
- For Chicken Rub/ Marinate:
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cajun Spice
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1/4 tsp Oregano Powder
- Paprika as needed (if making it for grown-ups)
- For Fajitas:
- 1 1/2 cup Onions (cut length-wise)
- 6 to 7 Sweet Peppers (cut lengthwise)
- 1 tbs Oil
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- Salt and Black pepper powder to taste
- Start by washing the chicken breast well and cutting it into bite size pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, add the chicken pieces, garlic, and ingredients of chicken rub/marinate. Mix everything well. Cover it and keep it in a refrigerator till it’s time to use.
- In a pan heat oil and add all the ingredients of fajitas. Cook onions and sweet peppers till they have char marks. Transfer these to a bowl and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, where you made fajitas. Heat oil, and add one sweet pepper. Here we are infusing the oil with chili aroma. Follow that with marinated chicken. Add tomato salsa and cook till chicken is thoroughly cooked. Finally, add chopped coriander leave.
- For the assembly, heat one tortilla in a pan on a low to medium flame. Add chicken, fajitas, cheese and coriander leave. Cover that with another tortilla. Cook till the cheese is melted and tortillas get crispy. Carefully flip it once or twice.
- Serve it with sour cream, salsa, and guacamole.
This recipe was originally published at The Effortless Chic.
Talk to your baby’s Pediatrician before starting any new food.
© EasyBabyMeals. All the content is copyright protected. Do not use without prior permission.