Make your loved one’s breakfast Special with these Cherry Stuffed Pancake Bites. Try these for Valentine’s Day Breakfast.
Hello, everyone. Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and I am sure you are all into planning a special meal for the special day for your loved ones. I am here to make things simple for you. These little soft pillow like Pancake Bites are all that you need to start the day on a special note. They are extremely easy to make and would woo your loved ones for sure.
I got an inspiration for these Cherry Stuffed Pancake Bites from Danish Pancake Ball (Abelskiver). I was watching a show on Travel Channel, wherein they were discussing Danish Food, and this was one of their featured food items. I found this very interesting and easy to make. And to my surprise, I had Abelskiver pan aka Ape Pan with me. This made my job extremely easy.
As I mentioned above, this recipe is extremely easy to make. A special note to Dads out here. “DADS- YOU ALL CAN MAKE THIS RECIPE FOR YOUR LADY LOVE AND SUPRISE HER ON VALENTINES DAY.” I am sure she would love it.
In the following recipe, I have used store bought organic pancake mix. I started with mixing the pancake mix according to package instructions. Then added some vanilla extract to it. I filled each one with pancake mix half way. Then topped this with one maraschino cherry and ladle the remaining batter and covered it. Make sure to keep the temperature on low to medium. Cook this on one side till it’s golden brown and then turn it with a spoon to let the other half get cooked well.
Finally, while serving drizzle some maple syrup and dust it with confectionary sugar. Serve these warm. I am absolutely sure, your family will love it. For toddlers, I suggest you chop the maraschino cherries into small pieces and mix it with the batter, just to avoid the choking hazard.
Now isn’t this recipe amazing? It’s easy to make, fun to eat and absolutely stunning to impress. Try it soon.
Let’s go through the recipe.
- 1 cup organic pancake mix
- ⅔ cup water (or as needed)
- 10 maraschino cherries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Maple syrup for garnish
- Confectionary sugar for garnish
- Butter/ Oil/ Baking spray as needed
- Start by spraying baking spray or applying little oil/butter to the Abelskiver/Appe Pan. Keep it on a stove to heat.
- In a mixing bowl add pancake mix, water and vanilla extract. And mix according to package instructions.
- If making these for toddlers, add chopped maraschino cherries at this point.
- Test the pan whether it’s heated by adding few water drops. If they sizzle your pan is ready to be used.
- Fill the pan halfway with the pancake mixture. Now add one maraschino cherry to each cavity and cover it with the remaining batter. In 30 seconds or so it will form the thin crust. Carefully flip them and let the top side get cooked well. Flip them from time to time till the inside of the pancakes comes out clean.
- For serving, transfer these to a serving plate. Drizzle some maple syrup on them. Further dust these with confectionary sugar and serve warm.
Talk to your baby’s Pediatrician before starting any new food.
© EasyBabyMeals. All the content is copyright protected. Do not use without prior permission.