This Carrot and Potato Soup is a delicious comfort food for babies 1 year and above. It is perfect for these cold chilly days.
Happy Tuesday everyone..!!! I am excited to introduce one more new category to EasyBabyMeals website today. It is “1 year and above” I was asked to include food recipes for toddlers as well, from quite some time. So here you go, moms. I am also thinking of adding Finger food tips and ideas. I am sure this will make your job of feeding little ones much easier.
All of my recipes for toddlers are again based on my daughter’s needs. Since my daughter is already a toddler now, her needs and preferences about food have changed. She relishes food that her parents eat daily. So I try to incorporate ingredients which make a good wholesome meal. In today’s recipe, I have made a soup with carrot, potatoes, and celery, and to give a flavor have added bay leaf, cumin, and oregano. This soup is a meal in itself but can be accompanied by other foods. It is good for parents as well.
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 small potato
- 1 stalk of celery
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- Dash of cumin powder
- Dash of dried oregano
- 1- 1/2 cup of low sodium [url href=”http://www.easybabymeals.com/homemade-vegetable-broth/” target=”_blank”]organic vegetable[/url]/chicken/beef stalk
- 1/2 teaspoons butter
- Salt to taste
- Wash carrots and celery stalk well. Peel and cut carrots, as well as potatoes into pieces. Cut celery into pieces.
- In a pot add butter, add bay leaf, garlic cloves, oregano and cumin powder and let it splutter a bit.
- Then add all the three vegetables. Saute them for few mins.
- Once they are sautéed well, add vegetable stock to the pot along with salt.
- Bring it to a rolling boil. Then reduce the heat and let it simmer till all the vegetables get tender.
- As the vegetables get tender, remove the pot from the heat. Get rid of the bay leaf.
- After 5 mins, transfer it to a food processor or using a hand mixer, churn this soup into a creamy mixture.
- Transfer it to a serving bowl and serve.
Talk to your baby’s Pediatrician before starting any new food.
© EasyBabyMeals. All the content is copyright protected. Do not use without prior permission.