Happy Tuesday everyone. Today, I will help you all start your new week after a long weekend on a sweet note, by sharing this beautiful dessert. As a Recipe Developer, I go through a lot of twists and turns while developing a recipe. Sometimes it turns great at a very first instance and at times, I have to keep changing the ingredients and it’s measurements till it is Perfect. Today’s recipe is one those which turned Perfect on a very first try. I am very excited about this recipe because I loved how it turned out.
Here I have baked peaches with Saffron. The amazing exotic flavor of this dessert comes from Saffron. It is one of the spices that is widely used throughout India during the festive occasion. This sweetly aromatic spice, when added to any food, makes that food Special.
Saffron is considered to be the most expensive spice in the world. It is obtained from the stigmas of Crocus sativus, also known as Rose of Saffron. It is cultivated in an extreme climate, hot and dry in summer and cold in winter. The sowing of the saffron bulbs takes place in the month of June and July and is harvested by the end of October and the beginning of November. The saffron flower blooms at dawn and the saffron stigma withers out rapidly and loses it taste and color. Hence, it is harvested between dawn till 10 am. Saffron is cultivated from Spain in the west to India in the east. This delicate spice is widely used in Arab, Persian, Indian, European and Turkish cuisines.
Just a pinch of this beautiful spice creates wonders for any recipes, and it has done here too. Serve this exotic and delicious dessert for your family and I am sure, they would ask for more.
- 1 large peach
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron strand (1/4 teaspoon for 1st part of baking, 1/4 teaspoon for second part of baking)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Start with preheating the oven 350 F.
- Wash and cut the peach into a half. Remove the pit. Set them pit side facing up in a baking dish. Prick the peaches with fork three to four times. Pierce only the side which is facing up.
- Mix 1/4 teaspoon saffron with 1 teaspoon lukewarm milk. Add it on to the pricked side of the peach. Let the milk get soaked into the peach.
- Bake this peach for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, mix 1 teaspoon sugar with the remaining saffron. Crush it a bit to release the flavor and aroma of saffron into the sugar.
- After 15 minutes, take the baking dish out and sprinkle the sugar onto both peaches, roughly dividing 1/2 teaspoon on each peach piece. Add the sugar on the pricked side of the peach. Bake it for another 15 minutes.
- Once done, get the peaches out and let it rest for few minutes. The scoop a bit of liquid from baked peaches for garnish.
- In a serving dish, place the baked peach and top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Garnish it with the liquid collected from the baked peaches and serve immediately.
Talk to your baby’s Pediatrician before starting any new food.
© EasyBabyMeals. All the content is copyright protected. Do not use without prior permission.